9.18.2010

Love me, love my cloffice.

My name is Glitter-and-Spandex and I love my cloffice. What's a cloffice you might ask? Oh just a little thing I like to call the sweet, sweet love child of a closet and an office. Oh? What? Urban Dictionary? You agree? Yeah, I thought so. No big deal.

Why do I have a cloffice? Well my friends, there are several reasons. Most obviously, I have a tiny apartment [for now... a move is pending... stay tuned]. However, the real problem in this tiny apartment is that my co-habitating boyfriend is also a doctoral student. Thus we both need work spaces in this tiny apartment, and we both have our own set of criteria as to what a work space necessitates.

The catalyst behind the great cloffice experiment of 2010 was my insanely loud typing. I type really insanely loudly. My sister does it too. I don't know why. Maybe at a young age we thought computers wouldn't understand unless we hit the keys REALLY REALLY HARD. Who knows. Anyway, this undeniable charm of mine means that the co-habitant and I cannot work in the same room without tension and tears.

Enter the cloffice.

Here is an example of a really nice cloffice from Apartment Therapy Unplggd. My cloffice is not that quaint:


In fact, my cloffice has a particularly creepy air about it. Exhibit A [including me, writing a paper, looking creepy]:



Watch the "cloffice" tag for more cloffice attempts. I am devoted to this cloffice. I love its creepy charms with a fiery passion. My cloffice WILL succeed and I WILL live in harmony with the clothes dangling at my back. Watch out functional cloffice: you WILL be mine.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, love, love, love your cloffice. I have the same loud typing problem. My bf keeps asking me why I'm so angry at my keyboard. It's not the keyboard I am angry at, it is the fact that I am not in a cloffice. Thus I must pound the keys to express my sadness

    ReplyDelete