9.17.2010

Stylish Laptop Cases that aren't Neoprene

Everyone and their mother take their laptops to class with them these days, usually in the same patterned neoprene sleeve. Even the undergraduates. And god forbid you look like an undergraduate. Solution? Get an awesome laptop case.

Embarrassed that you are reliant on new media for your survival? Hide that shit with a laptop case in disgiuse. These bags will keep everyone around you guessing...Who is that person? Where is their laptop? Why are they so cool? Why are they reading a Catalonian newspaper?













Psha, you say, I am proud to be a doctoral student who spends more that 75% of my waking time hunched in front of this machine. Well then how about a bag that celebrates technology? These bags do just that. Or mock it. Or celebrate it, but ironically. Whatever.










Or of course, you can go glam. There are a variety of sequined options out there, from a classy, monochrome black sequin, to the preppier quilted pastel with sequin accents. These bags say "yeah, I type really fast, and I look frickin' awesome when I do it, and sometimes I have dance parties in my office and you're not invited, because your laptop bag doesn't have sequins."






Now you're probably wondering what I schlep my little Lenovo around in. I'm still waiting for Mountain Hardwear to come out with a Monkey Phur laptop case. Until then, although I will occasionally stuff it into my green pleather over-sized DKNY bag, I usually go old school by putting it in the special laptop pocket of my backpack. Lame, I know. Glitter-and-spandex does not approve. In her opinion, backpacks don't go with sparkly cocktail dresses. Ever. Period. So that makes backpacks out of the question.

  • BookBook: available at Twelve South
  • Etch-A-Sketch: Handmade by Betz White at betzwhite.com
  • Laptop Case Against Crime: available at mitemite.es
  • My Documents: available at Think Geek
  • Cassette Tape: Available at Think Geek
  • Abbi Mina Slim Briefcase for MacBook Pro 17-inch: available at Amazon
  • Leopard Sequin Laptop Case: available at Amazon
  • Black All Over Sequin Laptop Case: available at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment