10.02.2010

Fabrics for the elderly?

I am now the [proud? maybe?] owner of not one but TWO pairs of wide-leg Eileen Fisher linen pants. My grandmother wears them. My mother wears them. What do you think: will pants like these:



1. Make me look crazy-cool?
2. Age me like 10 years?

I've been on the hunt for "pants-that-aren't-jeans-and-aren't-heavy-and-sweaty" for um 3 months maybe. This hunt has included taking other people's pants, trying to wear pants that put hips down near my knees, having an overly emotional conversation with a Loehman's clerk in the dressing room about the difficulty of finding light-ish pants, and now: Eileen Fisher.

So am I merely fulfilling my genetic destiny by wearing heavily, heavily marked down [never pay retail] linen pants? Or am I merely bringing on menopause faster? We'll see how these pants do. I'm realllllllly hoping they make me start walking around campus all jazzy like this sassy lady:

No comments:

Post a Comment