1.02.2011

Dreams Kinda Realized: The new Coffee Table and the Craigslist Roller Coaster

So we didn't end up building our dream coffee table, but we did get an awesome new coffee table.  My super talented cousin had a homemade bench lying around that he added a deck to, and then I waxed the new pieces, and now we have a cute little interim coffee table.  Check it out.


The hard part right now is getting the wicker chest off our hands.  I've had several bites on Craigslist, but people keep standing me up!  I've even talked to people on the phone several times, where they seemed very trustworthy and friendly.  We set up times (this has happened twice so far), and I changed my schedule to make sure I was home, and they simply never showed.  No call, no nothing!  I called and left messages on both their machines, and nothing.  And now I have this guy offering to send me a money order on the chest if I "reserve" it for him, but he doesn't know when he can pick it up, which is super sketchy.  Here it is, in all of its antique, wickery loveliness.


Until we sell it, we're using it at the foot of the bed to store comforters.  We did have another Craigslist success a few days ago, however!  I posted our old Sony television for $50, and it sold immediately.  It was a quality TV, but BIG, like heavier than my whole couch, and deep enough to stick obtrusively into the middle of our tiny living area.  S.O. originally got it from a friend, who picked it up for free from his family's trailer park when the original owners upgraded to a flat screen.  And now it's our turn to upgrade!  We're going to Costco tomorrow to make the big purchase.  Until then, it's been pretty relaxing to be TV-less for a few days, even though it was over the New Year.  Who needs Dick Clark to ring in 2011 when you have homemade pizza and good company?

1 comment:

  1. Have you sold the trunk yet--if not, I'd be interested. I stumbled across a photo via Google images. You'll think I'm crazy, but this trunk is the kind used for medical resupply for the British army in the 1940's. I'm doing a medical display this summer and could use it! I'm in the Bay Area, and would be happy to ship or pick up. nmaillet2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete