10.16.2010

Chairfest 2010: That's right, I inherited an Aeron Chair


When you spend the majority of your life on your ass, completely motionless except for spasms of violent typing, you end up thinking about chairs way too much.  I spent my first year in this apartment sitting on a wooden, farm-style, unpadded kitchen chair.


Recently I purchased an awesome mid-century pleather chair for six dollars at the flea market, which was a slight upgrade, but it doesn't swivel, nor does it give me any lumbar support (you heard me, lumbar support).  So when my mother offered me one of her old Herman Miller Aeron office chairs, I was ecstatic.  Not only are they pretty, they are unbelievably comfortable, they swivel, and they provide lumbar support.  And did I mention they were pretty?


Doesn't it look nice in my little office corner?  I love it so much.  I feel like my lower back is already in less pain.  I can feel the stress sheeting off me like granite.  Ah, Aeron chair, you inspire me to poetry and nature comparisons.


And now my six dollar chair can be used for extra seating around the coffee table!


As a side note, if you like chairs, check out chairfag.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment