10.11.2010

Disco makes me write faster.

Um no but really. Unlike SecretlyCrunchy, I need music to write [only fitting since rap videos are one of my research interests]. The quarter is juuuust starting to kick it into high gear, so I'm starting to be working on papers [or bits of papers] all the time now. I have lots of old paper writing stand by music [Girl Talk, whatever the Top 40 pop/rap are, Notorious B.I.G.... more or less anything that I can pretend that I'm at a rockin' club [my cloffice] and dancin' [in my chair] at].

So for anyone else who needs some paper-writing music, I figured I'd throw these out there. This is a 90 minute set by Dan Savage and Ira Glass from over summer in Seattle. It's awesome, and includes my new favorite song: the disco remix of "Annie Get Your Gun."

For any other Arabophiles, the Melody Music Group channel on Youtube is solid gold. There are some seriously awesome songs AND videos on that channel. Melody Music is like an MTV or VH1 of the Arab world and it's awesome. This is the best song ever and the video includes rollerblading. Nesrin Zreik: you're awesome.



This blog is also a really good paper-writing music source. The tapes have awesome beats, and since most of them are in languages other than English, I can't get as distracted by listening to the lyrics, because, well, I don't speak most of the languages the tapes are in. Also the album artwork for the tapes are really jazzy. Observe:



and



No comments:

Post a Comment