10.11.2010

Review: Timbuck2 Small Slacker Backpack, or Backpack + Sequined dress = ?????

So I bought a backpack. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, so I feel as though I can give an accurate review of it.

First things first: how does it look with a sequin dress?



Pretty damn good I think. And, I've realized, not actually all that worse from my giant tote/purse with a sequined dress. Since I'm carrying so much crap to school anyway, and my nylon bag doubles as my purse, a backpack doesn't actually look that different. The only thing I worry about are the sequins on my back breaking/falling off from rubbing up against my backpack.

ANYWAY, the backpack itself fits my short frame which is helpful. I'm still able to fit quite a bit in it and keep it somewhat organized. There is a piece of fabric within the main section of the backpack which I'm guessing is meant to be used as a laptop divider, but I've been using to separate out articles, since the back of the backpack doesn't sag and so it stays flat up against my back even without a laptop. That feature has actually really helped. This way I can bring all my articles to school [unlike SecretlyCrunchy, I need paper. I can't do everything on the computer], and my notebook [yes I use one notebook for 3 classes and yes it's... interesting at times] stays less cluttered and bulging with articles.

Making the switch from purse to backpack has been a little weird though. Things like buying coffee at school [which I really, really try not to do. I hate spending money for things I can bring with me IN MY BACKPACK] take longer since instead of reaching in a bag hanging off my shoulder, I have to put my backpack on the ground, open the main compartment, open the small compartment, and then find my wallet buried in all my crap. I either need to get used to finding things vertically rather than horizontally, or bring less crap to campus.

All in all though, I'm glad I made the switch to a backpack. My shoulders have been hurting less, and I'm actually able to bring more to school each day. Maybe soon I'll treat you all to the glory that is my multi-thermos approach to the school day.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had built in bookshelves...
    But about the backpack. That is the craziest backpack I have ever seen. It's like a messenger bag, but on your BACK. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we move, I will miss the built-in bookshelves the most. They are what sold me on this apartment.

    Thanks. I like that it doesn't look like a boring backpack. I feel like that jazzes it up? Maybe? Hopefully?

    ReplyDelete