10.07.2010

My collection of clutter orphanages.

I'm all about "a place for everything and everything in its place." So much so, in fact, that I have trouble purchasing things if I cannot imagine exactly where they will go, even if there is an obvious need. Like, my boyfriend really wants to buy a toaster, but I can't imagine where we would put a toaster. So we continue to make toast on the cast iron skillet, because I stubbornly refuse to buy an appliance without first establishing a storage solution for it.

Anyhow, there are a lot of things that appear all over a studio apartment that simply don't have a "place" of their own. Keys, hair ties, lighters, watches, etc. So I've started putting containers everywhere to catch this stuff, and its been fairly successful. I think of them as clutter orphanages, for stuff that has no "place" of its own.

There's the table by the door clutter orphanage.


And the random snacks clutter orphanage.


This is my bedside table clutter orphanage.


And this is my desktop clutter orphanage.


And of course the toilet clutter orphanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment