11.12.2010

Our storage solutions for two people in a studio on a TA budget

We've made a lot of changes in the apartment to make cohabitation possible, and I wanted to share a few of them.  Not bad for the super tight budget dictated by a meager TA salary, if I do say so myself.

1. I got as much little stuff off of horizontal surfaces as possible. This is one of my proudest and laziest DIYs: I tucked some cork board into this red picture frame of my mom's for a snazzy earring holder! Ah, craftiness.


2. We utilized tall shelf space to to its max, instead of wasting it with short stuff. Aren't our matching Mountain Hardware phantom sleeping bags sickeningly adorable? On the top shelf are the Costco sized cleaning products.


3. We got these shelves for free on Craigslist, scrubbed them off, cut them up, and mounted them with about twenty bucks worth of Home Depot hardware. Voila!  Closet for two.



4. We stacked the books to the extreme. Yes, this Ikea shelf will probably break eventually, but whatever.


5. We got shoe racks.  Definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment